Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Home Sweet Home Cookies

Recently, several friends and my Mom have moved houses! I thought it might be fun to make sugar cookies with a house shaped cookie cutter as a little housewarming treat. The most fabulous thing about these cookies is the fact that Grace made them with no help from me except with the stove! She did a great job because not only were they delicious but cute too!

We had every intention of decorating the cookies with royal icing, but we completely ran out of time. Instead, I pulled out our food writers and let Grace decorate each cookie with edible marker. I think that they turned out so adorable!  However,  I was very disappointed with the spotty writing and general performance of the Wilton Food Writers. Next time, I will use the Americolor Markers which seem to get much better reviews.


4 comments:

  1. These are adorable...and we had the same luck with the same markers...and we made the same change..and we were happy! :)
    Grace did a fantastic job..and her hard work is going to bring HAPPINESS!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling!!! What a sweet little gift...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.But I am a bit confuse. Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog always create some informational and amazing things, which add in my knowledge and experience.But I am a bit confuse. Thanks for sharing.Waiting for next post...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips