Monday, June 11, 2012

Clothesline


Bryce has always loved clothes that are dried on a line outside, but we have never had an outdoor clothesline.  Honestly, I didn't grow up with clothes drying on a line and have never had a burning desire to try it.  I had visions of stiff and uncomfortable clothes!  I started small by hanging a load of hand washables up to dry.


However, I decided to give it a try so that Bryce could have his sweet smelling, fresh from the sun clothes drying experience.  I started small by hanging a load of hand washables up to dry, which was manageable. The jury is still out on how I'm going to like the dried clothes (I don't plan on line drying all of our clothes), but I'm already a fan of seeing the clothes blowing gently in the wind!


P.S.  I bought this clothesline and I like it so far!

3 comments:

  1. It surely is a pleasant sight to see clothes drying in the breeze. For me it is reminiscent of wash days as a child on the farm. I skipped several years of hanging clothes out when we moved to the city, but resumed a few years ago when Al began wearing more 'everyday' jeans and shirts. A bonus is not adding heat to the house in summer. We too use a retractable line. I find a good stiff breeze and ensuring clothes are well rinsed aids softness. Enjoy the fresh air and sunshine that's transported inside with line-dried clothes! Perhaps some day this will be a favorite memory of your children's childhood days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only had
    One dried clothes.....it's awesome you tried it!
    You make it glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a absolute LOVE for clotheslines even though I've never used a real one!! really really pretty and really really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips