Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Changes

I can hardly believe that it is already the middle of June and the end of the school year for the children.  It's a bit of a bittersweet end of the year as we have decided to pull Grace from the grammar school she has attended for the last 5 years and put her in the Waldorf School.  It was a very hard decision to make.  There are  things that I love about our community school and she only had one year left!  I've had lots of people ask me why we are pulling her (Harris is staying for now) and, of course, there are many components to our decision.  Basically, I feel like some of the very best parts of Grace were being left behind.  My educational goal for the children is that they grow into people who can think critically and creatively and develop a love for learning.  To that end this is the best decision for Grace right now.

Also, Bryce's last days for the company are coming to a close.  What a journey he has had and what a blessing it was for him to have joined this company so soon after graduating law school.  He will miss those he worked with dearly, but I'm so excited that we get to have him home with us for the summer! What adventures we might have!

I think that change can be so scary and overwhelming, but when I look back at some changes that we have experienced in our married life they are changes that eventually brought unexpected blessings.  As we start this new chapter, I'm praying that we can keep the blessings in sight and look forward instead of back!

5 comments:

  1. wishing you many many MANY unexpected blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard such great things about Waldorf schools.When we decided to pull our kids from public school to homeschool them a lot of people did not understand. I am so happy we did!!!!! I have learned every child is different and has different needs.Good luck,Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. We struggled with this decision this year for our oldest and battled with trying to put private school into our budget, but just could not make it work. I hope grace loves it. Such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a local public charter school here that is a Waldorf school, and many people really, really love it and it's quite popular. :)

    I'm sure it was a difficult decision, but you know best what's best for your children. I'm sure Grace will thrive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a beautiful post...that I can relate to...every word! I am excited to hear about Grace's experiences...I think she is going to blossom!
    We have been living in constant change for the last 10 years...and I don't see an end, anytime soon. Like you said, it is fun to look back and see it all lay out...I wish I always had Faith while going through it! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips