Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Booked

Yesterday, we officially booked our vacation for this summer.  We were super late on this one and for a bit it looked like it couldn't happen, but it finally all came together!  We are taking our first ever RV trip and visiting Yellowstone, Glacier and The Grand Teton National Parks!  Our trip is 15 days long and we are very excited, but also a bit nervous because we've never been RVing!

I have some concerns.  Are we going to get tired of being on top of each other?  Is Harris old enough? Will I remember that I don't really like to camp?

More than anything, I'm excited to go on such an exciting adventure with my family.  If the truth is to be told, I can't wait to see Bryce behind the wheel of a 30 foot RV!

P.S.  The above illustration is by the beloved Susan Branch who is currently enjoying another vacation fantasy of mine- a tour of the English countryside.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds very ambitious! My Mom has great memories of long family road trips (5 kids in a station wagon!) and they were usually disasters but they look back on them fondly now. I think you guys will have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl...what an adventure!!!

    Susan's picture made me smile! Haven't you loved reading about her trip?!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photo!
    I am so excited to hear about your trip...it's going to be fantastic!
    4 of my sister just got back from yellow stone and glacier park...they all loved it!
    On your way out...I hear Mammoth park is worth visiting???
    I don't know, I've never been there...it's 40 minutes from Mount Rushmore. 2 places I want to go!
    I wish we were RVing with you!
    For a small detour...you can stop here..and we will give the kids a grand tour of life with many siblings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yall will absolutely love the National Parks! Jackson, WY and the Grand Tetons are heaven on earth. I think it will be a great trip; the views alone are enough to keep everyone occupied on the roadways. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so fun. we also looked into doing that type of vacation, but we think we will wait a few more years. Can't wait to hear and see all about your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun vacation idea. You will have so much fun. And even if you do feel like you are all on top of eachother and have a few bumps in the road, your children are going to have lifetime memories of this one! I can't wait to see how it goes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips