Monday, May 14, 2012

Dinner and a Movie- The Gnome Mobile


Friday, for family night, we had an evening of fun food and a cute movie.  I love matching our food to whatever movie we are watching for our dinner and movie nights.  It's a creative outlet for me and fun for the children, so it is a win-win!  We watched an old Disney classic, The Gnome Mobile (I chose the food before the movie!).  Therefore, I made dinner in the form of various toadstools.



We had mozzarella, tomato and feta cheese toadstool appetizers.


 We also had a mixed salad with toadstool radishes.


Our main course was a toadstool pizza!


For dessert an upside down ice cream cone evoked a gnomes hat!


This movie could not have been any more different from movies made for children today, but it delighted the children.  They laughed... a lot!



P.S.  Here's our last dinner and a movie!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is the cutest thing ever. And I LOVE that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of that movie. Aren't those the kids from Mary Poppins?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that movie as a child. Before we were married, my husband found it on ebay in VHS form and purchased it for me. Now the children enjoy watching it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo incredibly funa dn creative!!!! My kiddos are just getting to the age where they enjoy movies...We will have to put this on our list! I can't wait to see what other fun movie nights you have in store for this summer. The new muppets was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love to match food to movies, subjects, books, and activities too! My kids LOVE IT...which makes it worth it! You always nail the details perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips