Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bacon Jam


On Saturday we moved my Mom to a new house!  We are super excited about it because she's even closer to us and we can ride our bikes to her house (the children are envisioning even more frequent visits to see their Grandma).  It didn't make sense to hire movers to move her 10 miles down the road so we imposed upon a few friends to help move her.  Ron, John, Tucker and Craig were so generous to help for the day and we really appreciated their hard work.  I was trying to think of something I could make as a little token of appreciation- some manly food!  Of course, bacon came to mind.  I had made this Bacon Jam for Bryce for Valentine's Day and it was a hit, so I decided to make a jar for each of the guys.  It's a slow cooker recipe and pretty easy to put together.  It's delicious as an appetizer, on burgers, toast, pizza and a slew of other things too.  To quote Bryce, "Bacon makes everything better."


4 comments:

  1. Oh man...I want some of that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds great!! You need to pack some to take on your next trip!! HINT, HINT, HINT

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips