Friday, February 17, 2012

Tea Party Invitation


On Saturday we are having small gathering to celebrate Grace turning 10.  She decided to invite a few* dear friends over for a tea party and even though we aren't going into full-on party mode, I couldn't help but make invitations!


I couldn't find any scrapbook paper that I liked for the invitation, so I ended up buying vellum and glueing it to a solid color piece of paper.  We wrote the party information on teabag shaped paper and then made a slit for it to fit into on the teapot.  For the top of the teapot we added a puff ball.  I'm so happy with how they turned out!


*This is a very last minute gathering.  Grace was worried about some of her other friends not attending and so we decided to keep this very small and do a non-birthday party in the late spring or early summer!  I've always wanted to throw an outdoor party for one of the children and it's something for us to look forward to!




3 comments:

  1. Precious! Perfect!!! You are the master of invitations. I want to plan a tea party just o make this. I espically love the deals written on the tea bag. I bet you have adorable food and favors planned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invitations are grand. Bet the party is too even if it is small. Hope the cake was fun also. Happy 10th birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love your invites! As they get older, the parties slow down! I miss them...but I enjoy the change! Last year for Brooke's 11th...she just went shopping with a friend!
    I can't wait to see the details to your "little" party! :) Everything you do is GRAND...even the small things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips