Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Organized Toiletry Bag

I thought that I would share an organizing tip that I've recently found to be most helpful.

Several months ago, I bought a new toiletry bag since the one I had been using for 15 years finally bit the dust!  I decided that I would go ahead and set up the bag so that it had everything I needed in it and was ready to go at a moments notice.  You know, since we so often jet out at the last minute for a weekend jaunt!  Ha!


I purchased clear jars (no bigger than the 3.4 oz the airlines require) from The Containter Store and Target.  Into these jars I decanted my everyday essentials.  Those things that I couldn't decant- hair gel, deodorant, toothpaste- I just bought travel sizes of.  When we left for our weekend getaway it was so nice to not have to worry about forgetting something and it took less time to pack!  However, I did come home and label the jars because I found that I couldn't remember which was the body wash and which was the shampoo!


 

2 comments:

  1. That's really handy. I do something similar and got confused about what was conditioner or shampoo. My concern is how fresh things stay from trip to trip, so at times I use them up between trips and start fresh.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!
    I love it!
    Somehow when I try and duplicate it...it's never as beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips