Monday, February 13, 2012

Harris' Valentine

I really love the children's Valentines this year!  For Harris' Valentine we used heart shaped earth lollipops  that lent themselves easily to a "You are out of this world" theme.  I cut black rectangles out of card stock and Harris wrote and drew stars on each one with a metallic pen.  We used a scrapbooking dot to attach the lollipop (each one was individually wrapped, I took off the wrapper for the sake of the photo!).


Harris also had to make a Valentine box to take to school.  In all honesty, I was dreading this project because I envisioned wrapping it with paper (which I would be doing) and coming up with some crafty decorations.  Instead, Harris had the idea to wrap it in duct tape!  He was able to do it completely on his own, and I think it turned out just perfect!

 

4 comments:

  1. That is perfect! I love the valentines...and I love love love his box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harris and I had the same idea this year!!! I hate wrapping those boxes in paper... Duct tape makes it so strong... And now that it comes in so many colors... Perfect!!! His box is preious! His valentine rocks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harris and I had the same idea this year!!! I hate wrapping those boxes in paper... Duct tape makes it so strong... And now that it comes in so many colors... Perfect!!! His box is preious! His valentine rocks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips