Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Grace's Valentines



Grace's Valentines this year might be my favorite one we've ever made!  We decided to give out large gum balls (you can buy packages of different colors at Party City) with the saying, "You blow my mind, Valentine."  Of course, she had to "test" the gum ball and I used that opportunity to grab my camera and get some shots while she blew bubbles!  I don't have Photoshop so I had to do a little bit of playing around in order to tweak the picture, but I found an app, Color Splash Studio, that will allow you to put selective color back into a picture!  I also used alpha block in Pages to take out the background.  I love how they turned out and so does Grace!

3 comments:

  1. That blows my mind! (tee he) I'd like to try that photo manipulation. Did it take long to work it out? No wonder Grace likes her Valentines and has been so busy! I'm recalling the lovely scones of last year which may motivate me to dig out the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! AMAZING!
    I LOVE THEM!
    GREAT DETAIL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So incredibly creative and unique!!!!! I was so bummed that our first grader didn't receive even one non-store bought valentine! I bet all her classmates loved this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips