Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tidbits

I have a confession to make- I fear I have run out of things to blog about!  I've also realized that I haven't blogged much about the children as of late.  To be perfectly honest, we haven't done anything extra ordinary lately.  The children have played outside, played inside, played on the ipad, completed homework, read lots of books, and generally filled up their day with just being children.  And I feel like a very boring blogger!

Since I haven't recently done an update on everyone I thought I would fill you in on a few tidbits about what's going on in our lives...

The company that Bryce has worked for for 13 years was bought by a much larger company.  It was truly an exceptional company to work for and it's been rather sad to see it get disbanded.  It was such a blessing to us in many ways and Bryce will very much miss being part of it and working with his colleagues, many of whom he considers dear friends. It will be interesting to see what is next on the horizon (he will probably be needed until June when they close up shop here).

Harris can literally not seem to stop moving.  He is constantly tumbling, cartwheeling or rolling around!  So much so that I've considered breaking my vow of the past 9 years- that we will never have a trampoline.  Or maybe I'll just sign him up for Gymnastics.

Grace is struggling with school.  She is doing great with the actual academics of school, she just doesn't like going to school.  We are trying to figure out how to help her in this area.  It's frustrating for her and for us.

Did I tell you that she got a Nook for Christmas?  Navigating the Nook has been interesting so far.   She recently accidentally bought the book, "Finding God in the Land of Narnia."  She was looking up The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis and this book also popped up.  She thought she was reading the "sample" but bought it instead.  So of course, she decided to read it.   You have not lived until your 9 year old starts discussing with you why Aslan is actually a Jesus figure.  I kid you not.

I recently stripped the wallpaper from the children's bathroom and repapered it (at least there is one future blog post!).  My friend, Gretchen, helped me paper it and we laughed a lot, which made me happy.


8 comments:

  1. I understand about the blogging thing...i just got pooped and had to take a break too. Everything seemed so boring....

    I guess I didn't realize that a buy out did not include Bryce...hmmm....hope this is not too stressful.

    I have a very active 5 year old...I highly recommend gymnastics.

    Lets talk soon
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I love about blogging!
    There is NO perfect blogging...I personally have enjoyed each and every post ...I do love your children and all you do...but you have so many talents...how could it ever get boring????
    Just a little tidbit...homeschooling is amazing...Grace would love it! I can't believe my girls, who love school, love homeschool more! I fell in love as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand. Being without a home computer for 6 weeks was the best thing that happened to me and blogging.
    Hopefully the upcoming change with Bryce's work will turn out to be a postive change. Growth usually shows up as a tough transition.
    I love your house and can't wait to see what you've been up to. Have we seen all the rooms yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find I have been struggling with blogging lately as well. I do so many projects and I just want to get onto the next one, so I forget to post about it. I hope all will be well with your husband and the work situation. I love that Grace got a nook. That is a great idea... maybe we will try that with Ezra too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, the dad in that photo looks about 15! Happy to see the porch can be enjoyed in the winter. Can't wait to see the bathroom wallpaper. It's difficult when there is unrest. We're pulling for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't ever think you are boring!!!! The wonder and joy of blogging is that when we blog from our heart it just can't be boring. It is just real and wonderful!!! I am sooo terribly sorry that Grace isn't loving school. Is it the teacher? I will pray that it gets better for her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog and you are not boring! Boys are very active! They need lots of outdoor time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There actually is a way to do password protection on the Nook...I only know because my youngest bought almost $200 worth of books once!

    Btw, I included one of your Valentine ideas in a blog post I wrote about Valentine's for Grandparents. I hope it send some people your way!
    http://theworstestmommy.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-for-grandparents.html

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips