Friday, January 13, 2012

Water

Thank you for your birthday wishes yesterday! Your comments made my day week!

I've recently realized that I'm not drinking nearly enough water. Coffee? Plenty. Tea? Check.  But water has not been something I've made a conscious effort to drink lots of.  And I believe that my skin has been letting me know.  It's been dull, splotchy and dry.  

Several years ago, I found a tall glass pitcher (decanter? shaker?  I don't know what to call it!) at an antique shop and loved how simple and beautiful it was.  In an effort to monitor the amount of water I'm drinking, I've started filling up the pitcher every morning, it holds about 7 1/2 cups, and making my way through the whole thing by evening.  Hopefully, my skin will thank me!

I've always loved the quote by William Morris, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful."  I think this water pitcher fits both criteria beautifully.


3 comments:

  1. You always have the best finds!
    Water is something we all need...and yes, my skin is screaming at me!
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do the same thing. I drink iced tea all day even when it is 40 outside!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great~ idea! It's so easy to forget to drink water and this is such a great visual reminder. And pretty too! I bought one of those sigg bottles to carry around while I'm at school for this very reason, but I find that the water tastes metallic coming out of it, which is pretty icky. I could at least do this at home though.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips