Thursday, January 5, 2012

Farm Table + Chairs + Mason Jar Chandelier

I didn't intend for this to be "screened in porch week" on the blog but it has turned out that way.  Maybe because it didn't get out of the 20's yesterday and it's nice to dream of spending lazy, warm days on the porch.  I promise this will be it until the spring!


Even though the porch is not overly large, I have been determined to fit a sitting area around the fire and a table to eat our meals on.  In my mind both of these things were musts!  I knew that I wanted a long farm table but it was difficult to find a table that wasn't too large.  Most tables I found were very, very wide and we simply don't have room for that large of a table.  I was thrilled when I found this table at a local antique shop!  The legs of the table are reproductions but the wood top is from an old building/factory.  One of our rules for the new space is that we don't want to have to baby anything and this top fits the bill perfectly.  It's already got some "character" to it!



We purchased Tolix chairs to go around the table.  These chairs are so pretty and I love what clean lines they have!  These chairs have a lot going for them and that was a big factor in our choosing them.  We can pull the chairs indoors to use around our dining room table when we need more seating, they take up very little space and they easily stack.


I love our light fixture over the table.  It definitely adds some warmth and interest to the room!  And really, mason jars can serve just about any purpose!


9 comments:

  1. Sooooo lovely!!!! I can just see you guys playing board games, eating fun dinners and enjoying that space immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh please don't stop posting about your porch, I love to see each added detail!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the mix of the chairs, table, and light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!!!! The fireplace looks awesome so do the chairs,new table and light!!!!! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooooove everything about this! Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice! May I ask where you got the repro table legs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. anonymous- we got the table from an antiques store locally. The company that makes the repro legs is out of New York I believe. I can always give you the antique stores number if that would help. Just leave me your email address. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you get the chandelier? Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chandelier is from Pottery Barn!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips