Friday, January 27, 2012

Desk Nook in our Foyer


One of the things that I really wanted to do better in 2012 was to keep a calendar that was available for everyone in the family to look at.  However, I was flummoxed as to where to keep said calendar.  I've been thinking for a while now that I would like to have my "command central" area free to use rather than have it taken up by the laptop computer all the time.  Therefore, it made sense to me to move the computer to my little antique desk that resides in the foyer.  At various times I've had the desk open with pictures on it, but as of late it has been closed and unused.

Our house is a four square which basically means that it has four rooms (not including our mudroom area) downstairs and the rather large foyer is one of those rooms.  I love that by moving the computer to the foyer it gives the room a purpose and meaning rather than just a pretty entry to the house


I had a little chair that we hadn't found a purpose for that was sitting in the basement.  I gave it a new padded seat and it's perfect for the space.  I really like how it compliments my favorite frog fabric on the sofa.


All in all I'm very pleased with our new set-up.  This calendar has found it's home at the kitchen desk and it makes me smile.

3 comments:

  1. Every room could be in a magazine!!! So delightful! We have abig 'empty' entry room too... I need to get creative like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very nice. Such good light in that space for desk work. The calendar looks sweet. Enjoy the new arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your whole house makes me smile...it's perfect...like I always every detail accounted for! My favorite part is it is Gorgeous and looks welcoming! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips