Wednesday, January 11, 2012

39

I turned 39 yesterday and I feel good going into my 39th year.  Last year I struggled with my age, but this year I've realized that I'd rather turn 39 than not.  Period.

I had a great day!  My Bible study group met yesterday and there was coffee cake with sparkly candles, I had lunch with a friend and then I spent the afternoon baking a birthday cake!  It's exactly what I wanted to do.
In the evening, Bryce took us all out for a celebratory dinner. Afterwards, we came home, ate some cake and opened presents.



I got some great gifts (my friends and family know me well!) but one of my favorites is this sunhat from Bryce!  It's a bike helmet!  I mean, how fabulous is that?

P.S.  The cake I made was a dark chocolate chiffon cake with rosewater icing.  I found it on this amazingly beautiful blog.  Mine didn't turn out as pretty as hers did. but it sure was delicious!

10 comments:

  1. That bike helmet is fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to know your 39th was spent so well. Never would have guessed that was a bike helmet. Charming with that face under it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great day. I'm going to be the big 40 in May. Yikes! I'm still not sure how I feel about it......

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do not look you age! I would have guessed early thirties. Happy happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!No better way to spend it than with family and friends! I'm lovin' that bike helmet, by the way, I've never seen one like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! The bike helmet is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy 39th! You look stunning in that last picture with that fabulous helmet btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!
    I missed your birthday!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!
    You are a fantastic 39....radiating joy and love for life!
    I am with you! Let's embrace every year...there's nothing we can do to stop it...so we might as well LOVE it!
    Your cake is awesome!
    and your helmet is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a year full of love, creativity nd sheer happiness! Hope all the joy you bring to others comes back at cha! Happy happy 39th!! Xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to you! What a beautiful helmet! May you have much joy and happiness in the year ahead.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips