Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sibling Gifts 2011


When we started making sibling gifts several years ago (here, here, and here) I had no idea that it would become such a family favorite.  The children love making gifts for each other and it's the first gift they want to open on Christmas morning.


This year, Grace knew right away that she wanted to make some sort of animal for Harris.  She decided on a sock animal that she found in an old Martha Stewart Kids.  With a little help/guidance from her Grandma she created Mr. Meows for Harris.  He is darling and Harris adores him!



I helped Harris to make lip balm for Grace.  He was giddy the whole time he was making it (and he did almost all the work- he even shaved the beeswax!) because it was one big science experiment for him!  We followed the instructions from Martha Stewart and the balm turned out beautifully.  I think we will all be using it.  I waited a little too long to order pots or tubes so we used travel sized pots from Target and they worked out just fine.


4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of homemade sibling gifts...we bought all of ours...and the kids loved them...but it just doesn't mean the same! I want to implement this next year...I better not procrastinate...that's alot of stuff to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are very meaningful and creative gifts. No wonder the children open them first. There is thought and heart wrapped inside.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips