Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lavender Sachets (in a tea strainer)


Remember the lavender that I harvested back in the summer?  I finally did something with it!  Years ago I saw a suggestion in Martha Stewart magazine to put lavender in old tea strainers and use them in drawers and closets as scented sachets.  Lavender also has the added benefit of being a repellant to moths (I've had an unfortunate incident recently with a favorite wool cape).

I bought this strainer for a couple of dollars, including shipping, on ebay.  It's a nice large size and it cleaned up very easily.  Ebay had lots of choices including some beautiful sterling silver ones!  I think that I'm going to be on the lookout to add to my collection of two strainers!


I filled the strainer with lavender buds, tied a bow on the top and stashed it in a drawer.  Now I'm hoping that the lovely smell will subtly scent the drawer!

4 comments:

  1. I think your emotions in your blog are completely honest to you and your friends/readers. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with 'beauty'. The sachet is lovely and so is the idea. The photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have enjoyed reading your articles. It is well written. It looks like you spend a large amount of time and effort in writing the blog. I am appreciating your effort.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips