Monday, December 5, 2011

Holly Berries


I've never had the gift of flower arranging (oh, how I wish I did!) but I decided to try and arrange some fresh greens in my window box on the back of the house.  I must admit I'm rather pleased with the result!


My happiest discovery was a ginormous holly bush in between our property and our neighbors.  How I've lived here for five and a half years and never noticed this bush is beyond my comprehension, but I was thrilled to take some cuttings.  The red berries are so festive.  In fact, I went ahead and added some to our front door wreath as well!

5 comments:

  1. I am GREEN with envy. I know that is not a good thing, but I tried to grow holly bushes here to no avail. I even planted male and female plants side by side as directed. Not one berry; then they dried up and died. That holly plant is a GIFT, and I'm so happy for you that you spotted it! The arrangements are lovely and festive as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a gift that you didn't know...I love your arrangements! They are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was not only helpful but very useful too. Thank you for sharing this piece of your expertise with all of us. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post was not only helpful but very useful too. Thank you for sharing this piece of your expertise with all of us. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. see more from: Noise Cancellation Headphones. One minute she was rummaging through her handbag to reach her ringing phone as she rushed out of the mall to an appointment. Bundle includes Korg Wavedrum Dynamic Percussion Synthesizer, Headphones, Vic Firth Drum Sticks, and 10-Foot Instrument Cable. The 2012 New monster powerbeats sport headphones Purple is a driving force in the game of many top athletes.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips