Saturday, December 10, 2011

A funny story about Harris and a Savings Account


Last week Harris missed a day of school due to an unfortunate late night trip to the emergency room (he had a severe reaction to an unknown nut!).  Since it was a late night we thought it best for him to sleep in and rest for the day.  It was actually great to have him home with me again!  At some point during the day, he decided that he really, really wanted to open up a bank account and the sooner the better!  I told him that I would be happy to take him to my bank to open a savings account, but he was insistant on going to the bank in the heart of our town.  I questioned him about why he would want to go to a different bank than where I go and his answer still has me chuckling.  He reasoned that his bank choice had a much bigger vault (as seen in the picture)  and therefore would be much more likely to keep his money safe.  Also?  Santa visits with children there so it must be good!  I must say that he has good taste because this particular bank is a beautiful building!  

5 comments:

  1. That boy has a mind of his own. I must say I enjoy his reasoning. How wonderful he is heading down the path of understanding the value of saving. And that, after such a rough night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old banks are the best. Love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That makes complete sense!It sounds like a great book. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HaaaHaaaHaa!
    I'm still chuckling! Luke and him would be good friends. Luke has his same reasoning! That was a precious story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, just wanted to say that this was a very well written post and I enjoyed reading it. It's great to see someone sharing interesting information on the internet.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips