Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Preparing for Thanksgiving

Are you ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow?  I spent some time today baking a salted caramel cheesecake pie and getting our cranberry sauce started.  It was a rainy day and it felt great to be in the kitchen while the children played and did some crafting in preparation for the holidays!  I love Thanksgiving weekend because it's a relaxing, low key start to our holiday season.

I sent in a small Thanksgiving snack to Harris' class today.  I pieced these cute turkeys together from several that I had seen online.  I tried to put a popsicle stick in the oreo but they kept breaking on me.  And then I got frustrated and decided the children didn't care about a stick anyway.  Right?

Speaking of turkeys, we got a fresh turkey this year.  It was delivered last night and I can't wait to see if they are as good as everyone says that they are.  It's a 19 pounder so we will be eating turkey for a long time...

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Holidays...and Thanksgiving is at the top! I too have so much fun getting ready! I can't say it's very relaxing yet...but as the kids get a bit older, it may calm down! :) Nonetheless, we all love the excitement!
    I am excited to see the highlights from your Thanksgiving day!
    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may have trouble with addiction and need info on a heroin addiction this is a resource that you can trust.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips