Sunday, November 6, 2011

Harris' Birthday




Today my baby is 7.

One of my crystal clear memories of him is from when he just just days old.  My Baby Club friends had gathered at our house bringing much needed and appreciated dinner and fellowship.  Jen was holding Harris and he began to get rather fussy.  As his fussiness escalated I finally reached out to take him to try to get him settled down.  As soon as I laid him on my chest he quieted and I remember feeling such a surge of emotion as I realized how deeply connected we already were.  That moment has stayed with me for the past seven years and I still feel that connection.  I love him dearly and am so happy to be his Mom.


Here's my annual list of the top 10 things I love about Harris right now...

1.  He loves to dress up and own the character he is playing.
2.  He loves to work and will be very serious about whatever he is doing.
3.  He's a dog whisperer, he loves dogs and dogs love him.
4.  He adores his Dad.  
5.  His smile and his curls.
6.  He will play for hours on end with his sister.  They (usually) play beautifully together.
7.  He has an amazing attitude about the foods he can't eat.  It makes our life so much easier.
8.  His imagination.
9.  He loves to be outdoors.  
10.  His willingness to hold my hand, which I love doing.

P.S.  His party was a rousing success!  I'll share pictures tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. I believe that the post has perfect collection of words and a well research. Its awesome! Thanks for sharing. Waiting for next.Indeed a very nice post and I am a devoted orthodontist reader at Las Vegas.Your post is really very valuable and I have nowI believe that the post has perfect collection of words and a well research. Its awesome! Thanks for sharing. Waiting for next. subscribed the same, keep up the good posting.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips