Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Playhouse Details


Honestly, when I first envisioned how the playhouse would be decorated I had in my mind all of the beautiful, perfectly styled playhouses that I've seen on other blogs, pinterest and in magazines.  It quickly became apparent that my children had ideas of how they wanted the playhouse to look and to be used, and I came to the realization that this is their space, not mine and it should be a reflection of them.  Therefore, the children chose where their pictures would hang and what they wanted to be in the playhouse. I'm sure it will be ever evolving!

My friend, Sonja, suggested to Grace that no playhouse is complete without a mailbox.  Grace took it to heart and we now have a petite mailbox to collect mail, notes and tiny packages!
 

We also have an adorable fox doorknocker, I love it's whimsy!


We moved the play kitchen that Al built for the children out to the house.  The sunflower paintings, as well as some art Harris created, also found a new home in the playhouse. 




Grace and Harris created some house rules.


The cleaning set should help with at least one of the rules (I can't wait to see how that goes!).


Every house needs a hook to hang your superhero cape on.


The children and I made a paper mache bunny to hang on the wall!


I needn't have worried about whether the playhouse would be used.  The loft is a huge hit and the children have already spent hours in the house and in the loft (I've also taken a catnap in there!).



5 comments:

  1. Charming, sweet and oh soooo perfect!!!! What beautiful memories will be made there. I remember when you were contemplating whether or not to build one.... Now aren't you so happy to have it?? I am thinking of selling my house just so I have a good place to build a place house... Don't know if hubs will go for it, but my kids seriously need a magical place like this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and I am so in love with your ideas! thanks for sharing:)
    www.jadaroo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Lucky kiddos :))
    acupofsparkle.blogspot.com

    -Melike

    ReplyDelete
  4. You truly are in touch with your children, i.e. choosing to concede your decorating plans to their creativity. Every detail was fun to see. Hope you share pics of how it evolves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That looks like the perfect little vacation cottage! I love all the details...which by the way...you NEVER miss any!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips