Monday, October 24, 2011

Halloween Costumes 2011

Years ago, a friend told me to prepare myself for the day that the children would ask for store bought costumes because that is what all of their friends have.  That day has never come, and I have a hard time imagining that it will.  Even when the children toss around the idea of being something that would be easier to purchase in the store (Spiderman), they assume that their Grandma will make it for them.  The costumes mean something to the children on a level that rises above one evening spent in costume.  They represent tradition to the children and having something that is handmade by someone they love is still far more important than what their friends have.  And for that I am thankful.

Harris has known he wanted to be a gnome since he received his beloved Gnomes book from the Easter Bunny.  My Mom even made a padded belly for him!

For the first time ever, Grace had a bit of a hard time deciding what she wanted to be.  However, while we were looking up ideas for Harris' costume she spotted this toadstool and knew she wanted to compliment Harris.  Isn't it darling?

 Our newest ornaments for the Halloween tree.


8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. These are AWESOME! What a talented mother you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another successful Halloween costume year. Happy trick or treating. Sorry we'll miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This so awesome!!! I love all your homemade costumes! They are always amazing! Your kids look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are so cute. I love that they want to be things that are out of the box. Will kept begging if he could be the guy form the movie Scream...the other two nine year olds on the street are going as...the guy fom Scream. We oooze originality down here.
    p.s. He is not going as the guy from Scream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute are those costumes?? Simply adorable! How fortunate you are to have such a talented family member to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My, oh my! She did it again...hit it out of the park. Amazing! love their whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is totally a fab costume for halloween/ I've been trying to find some nice and spooky Halloween costumes that I'll try this year's Halloween and thanks for your ideas, I found some inspiration.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips