Monday, September 12, 2011

Porch Furniture

I spent a lot of the weekend trying to figure out porch furniture.  Though the porch is nowhere even close to being done, I wanted to get a jump start on it.   From the moment we decided to add a screened in porch to the house, I've had a vision of what I wanted it to look like.  I've always envisioned a comfy seating area around the fireplace and a dining area with a long table!  In my minds eye there is lots of open space and room to move around.  In reality, it's going to be "cozy" and a little tight to fit everything in.  I'm sure that it would make more sense to give up one of my areas but I just can't do it.  My heart is set upon having both.

There has been a little bit of debate as to whether we should go with wood, metal or wicker for the porch.  I've always had in mind wicker, not sure why, and I found a line of wicker which I really love by Lane Venture.  I really, really wanted a sofa out there but after doing some measuring I realized that the sofa might be an impossibility.  I was having a hard time visualizing the space so I ended up making "furniture" from newspaper and catalogues that were in our recycling.  It worked out great and quickly helped me realize what would and wouldn't fit.

 sofa and two lounge chairs

I think that we are going to get two "cuddle chairs" and flank the fireplace with them.  In the place of two lounge chairs we will use dining arm chairs.  Even though they aren't as comfortable as a lounge chair might be, they can do double duty as dining chairs and sitting around chairs.  It's always nice in a tight space to have multiple uses for something.

cuddle chairs and two dining chairs




I would get white furniture and so my fabric options are really limited.  Apparently, most people do not buy white furniture so the fabric choices are geared toward fabrics that compliment darker furniture.  Go figure.  I'm considering this combination...


Thoughts???

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! So many fun things going on at your house! Your porch looks awesome!
    We may not have a new porch...but we finally found a house! =) We are moving next month! yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that the post has perfect collection of words and a well research. Its awesome! Thanks for sharing. Waiting for next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sawasdee ka

    i come to visit you blog naka

    lily

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips