Thursday, September 22, 2011

Legging Jeans for Grace

I've been working on switching out the children's clothes for the upcoming season.  While I do so I always take the opportunity to discard out-grown clothes and access what the children will need in the upcoming season.

One of the large gaps in Grace's wardrobe is always pants.  Grace is very, very sensitive to clothing.  She has been for as long as I can remember.  She cannot stand for things to be too loose or too tight, she doesn't like anything that doesn't sit at her natural waist (no low rise for her!), and zippers, buttons and stiff material are usually no good!  So you can imagine that jeans are not really an option for Grace.  In fact, I can count on both hands the times that she has worn jeans and been happy in them!  Skirts, skorts, dresses and leggings are staples for Grace.

However, I'm happy to report that I think we have finally found our saving Grace!  We recently bought legging jeans at Gap and they are perfection!  They fit like leggings but look like skinny jeans!  The waist is elastic and is not low rise.  Also, there are no buttons or zippers!  She loves them!

She liked them so much that we went ahead and bought a pink pair too!

8 comments:

  1. I agree! I have a petit 9 year old and these are awesome! Bought two pair also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her expression in that last shot is so ADORABLE!!!!! Glad you found a perfect pair of jeans for her! Now YOU need to find a perfect pair for mama.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That face and happy pose tells it all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are precious!!!!!
    My girls love their legging jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was the same way when I was little. I wouldn't wear jeans and called them "hard pants". I was also a nut about making sure that the seam along the toes of my socks were JUST RIGHT underneath my shoes. I think it was a somewhat mild form of tactile defensiveness. I was also very particular about sloppy kisses and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are precious!!!!! My girls love their legging jeans!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her expression in that last shot is so ADORABLE!!!!! Glad you found a perfect pair of jeans for her! Now YOU need to find a perfect pair for mama.:)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips