Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sunflowers


In the children's garden we have a most magnificent sunflower!  It stretches toward the sky and is heaven for about 5 bumblebees at any given time.

After reading, Camille and the Sunflowers, A story about Vincent van Gogh by Laurence Anholt we  spent an afternoon painting our sunflower.  I set the easel up in the garden, gave each child a canvas and some paints and told them to paint the sunflower however they saw fit.



I think that the results were darling- including the bees.



P.S.  I want to note that I have found that the children respond the most favorably to creating when they have quality art supplies.  I don't really buy "children's" paints anymore. Rather, I've found that it's not too much more expensive to buy artists paint at Michael's (especially if I use a coupon).  The results are worth it!

3 comments:

  1. I love all the wonderfully creative things you do with your children! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful! I love all the gorgeous activities you do with your kids and in your own backyard! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips