Monday, August 22, 2011

Prom- 80's style

Our fun friends, Tucker and Cathy, celebrated a big birthday this summer and decided to have an 80's prom themed party to mark the milestone (Tucker didn't get to attend a prom while in high-school!). Everyone was asked to come in appropriate formal wear and I loved how all the guests had such a great sense of humour and were good sports about it.  It was definitely the best prom I ever attended!


I wore my own prom dress from 1989!  I tried to get my hair as big as I possibly could, I even used rollers, but I still couldn't achieve the volume that I used to get to back in the day!






Bryce, being the good prom date that he is, even brought me a corsage!

Of course, every prom must have a balloon arch...

and a cheesy (note the wicker chair!) photo backdrop for the awkward and cheesy pictures that will be taken of happy couples.

Are you ready for a nice, hearty laugh?  1989.


Oh, yeah.





4 comments:

  1. That is fabulous and I'm impressed you can fit into your dress from 1989 even though your hair wasn't as big! Love the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious! Seriously, I doubt i can fit into my wedding dress, and that was 1 year ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look much more beautiful now...and you date this year is way hotter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!
    Where have I been? You have so many fun posts on here! This is awesome! I would love to do this for Marks big day...it looks like too much fun!
    I can't believe you fit in your prom dress!!!! I will try not to be jealous!
    I love the original picture!
    So cute!
    It is amazing that our hair was trained to go big...and now it just doesn't know how to! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips