Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Poem

Hello friends!  Phew, it has been a busy, busy week and a half!  I have lots to share- an Iowa vacation, continuing construction and one super fun prom(!) party, but I need another day to sort through all the pictures.  Instead, I thought I would share this poem that Grace wrote about a wolf.  I think that it is pretty great and I love that she's a writer!

The Wind Again
by Grace

That something inside of me
urging me
telling me 
wanting me
The wind
Then I answer
I howl like never before
My muzzle reaches to the sky
like a rocket shooting up from its platform
I lurch out
My legs like pistols
I fly through the snow
like a racehorse 
victory a mile away
I am the wind again.

P.S.  The above picture is one of my favorite pictures of Grace.  It was taken by Harris on my phone!

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic poem!
    She is very talented!
    I love the picture too...she is one adorable girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem! She is quite talented! What a great vocabulary as well.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips