Sunday, August 7, 2011

A letter to Harris


Dear Harris,
I want to let you know that I think that you are just great.  I love what a hard worker you are and I'm amazed at how willing you are to jump in and "own" a project.  Did you realize that you have painted about 75% of the playhouse by yourself over the past two days?   I think you love working hard at something.  In fact, I think that it gives you joy to work and make something with your hands and heart.  And I believe you get a lot of satisfaction out of a job well done.  Just like your Dad.  Tonight, while we were painting the inside of the playhouse we discussed something that is very important for you to understand.  I told you that you were going to be just like your Dad and know how to do a lot of stuff and you said that you got it from your Dad and your Grandpa and that you would teach your son (and I reminded you that you could teach your daughter too!).   It's important to remember how much others can teach us.  While we were talking and working I was reminded of how proud of you I really am.  I love you.~ Mom

P.S.  Could you please pretend that you didn't notice that after repeatedly telling you not to let your brush drip it was I who kept dripping paint everywhere!

4 comments:

  1. Now I'm crying. You've got to warn a reader before you post something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously got all teary-eyed too! So dang sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! Someone let Harris climb the ladder. What a go-getter he is! He obviously knows how great it feels to pitch in. The house is looking great. Look forward to more photos of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh!
    Love the letter! =) He will treasure it forever! I need to write my kids a letter in our blog...since it is my journal! =) Thanks for the splendid idea!
    I seriously can't believe he painted that much! That is truly a wonderful talent...working hard....sticking to a task...and enjoying it the whole time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips