Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Herb Pesto


Last week I went on a bit of a pesto making frenzy.  One of my all time favorite foods is pesto and so when I found recipes in Southern Living for different varieties of pesto I knew that I wanted to try them.  The mint pesto was not our favorite (though Marilyn thought it was good) and I wouldn't make it again but the herb pesto?  It was very, very good and will be added to our recipe box!

I love that I can get a lot of the ingredients from my herb garden and that it has a variety of uses.  So far we have had the pesto atop fish and chicken and mixed in with scrambled eggs!  Delicious!

Herb Pesto (from Southern Living Magazine)

2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves*
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup pine nuts**
1/4 cup cold water
1 to 2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp. fresh oregano leaves
1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary leaves
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.

*I used curly parsley because that is what I had.
** I toasted the pine nuts because I like the flavor that brings out!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy! You are the queen of beautiful packaging and creative food!!! I still remember how much I loved your love vanilla!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good pest!
    I have to agree with KM...your the queen of all things gorgeous and yummy!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips