Monday, August 29, 2011

Anholt's Artists

As we are nearing the end of the summer we have finally found some time to do some themed activities! Instead of a theme day, we have been taking our time and exploring our subject, art and artists, at a leisurely pace.  Have you read Laurence Anholt's series of children's books about famous artists (I believe there are 9)?  It's a fantastic series that explores a specific artist through the eyes of a child who was involved in the artist's life.

The illustrations are wonderful and incorporate the artists real work!  These books manage to convey a lot about the artists and yet stay engaging as a story for children.  At the end of each book there is an "information" page that gives more details about the artists life.  The children and I both love these books and we learn a little about famous artists.  What more could one ask for out of a book?


3 comments:

  1. I AM SO EXCITED TO GET THIS SERIES! My kids love art...and I am always looking for ways to teach them about famous artists!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A subject after my own heart. How enduring to see the same appreciation in our family. Even when my fingers no longer allow me to quilt, I pray I will be able to hold a paint brush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, these books look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips