Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tic Tac Toe in the Garden

At the beginning of the summer I spotted this post on Ohdeedoh that featured a children's garden in Virginia.  As you may have realized, I am a sucker for children' s gardens!  One of the (many) things I loved about this garden was the tic tac toe game they had created and so we set out to recreate something similar in our own children's garden.



We used stone that we already had and Bryce cut it using his tile saw.  I found cast iron critters at Amazon and sprayed them with clear Rustoleum to stop them from rusting since I plan on keeping them outside. We tucked in some moss in the crevices of the game and hope that more will grow!  I love that it adds a bit of whimsy to the garden!

4 comments:

  1. This is AWESOME. I want to do this for myself!! I have to say, the bugs make it :)

    Coley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! they are looking splendid. That is a wonderful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is adorable...I hope to have a childrens garden, maybe I will be able to grow things better if they are for the kids?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips