Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Lavender

As you might remember, I have a love for lavender. A few years ago, I planted lavender that has done beautifully, and this year I decided to try my hand at harvesting some of the buds and drying them out.

However, before we dried out the buds, we used the fresh lavender to make Lavender Tea Cookies.  I use Susan Branch's recipe and we all love them.  We especially delight in Susan's description of being able to "taste breath of bees" in the cookies.


I felt wonderfully domestic having bundles of lavender hanging in my kitchen!


After two weeks, the children and I picked all the dried buds off of the stem.


We saved the stems in little bundles to use in the fire pit so that we can enjoy the wonderful aroma of lavender in the fall!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Seriously??? I feel like I'm experiencing a bit of a fairy tale...when I read your blogs.
    I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I love lavender too! I have a bag of buds waiting for a good recipe - I think I'll start with those cookies. And keeping those stem for the fire - brilliant. Cares

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that idea... Just the smell makes me happy! Did you ever find that cleaner I was telling you about? We can never have too much lavender!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips