Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter


It's that time again!  Kathleen arrived on Wednesday in time to keep our tradition of going to see the Harry Potter movies together (we also always got the books together!).  I can hardly believe that it is over, it makes me sad all over again.  I'm really thankful that I got to be a part of the Harry Potter phenomenon and a little sad that my children will not experience it in the same way that I did.  I believe those of us that got to read the series over the ten years it took for all the books to be released were the lucky ones!  The waiting for the next book, the midnight readings, the endless wondering and discussing of plot twists and turns was all part of the magic for me.  As crazy as it sounds, Harry is/was very real to me and I will miss him!  Though when the time comes I will very much enjoy reading it with the children!

Yesterday, we went to Harry Potter, The Exhibition in NYC.  It was really fun and unbelievable how much effort went in to making the movies authentic.  The details are amazing.


What about you?  Are you a Potter fan?

P.S.  Tonight we are taste testing a few recipes for Butterbeer.  I'll report our findings tomorrow!

2 comments:

 
Blogging tips