Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

We arrived home late last night from a wonderful week spent on Block Island.  Today was spent catching up on grocery shopping, yard work, housework and loads and loads of laundry!  However, the children were very anxious to see their Grandma and it is the Fourth of July so we decided to have a very simple celebratory dinner.  I made a fresh salad, my Mom made her delicious potato salad and we grilled turkey burgers.  For dessert we had watermelon and blueberries with a last minute addition of homemade whipped cream (to complete the red, white and blue theme!).  It was perfect, and I hope your day was as well.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a perfect day! We got home at 2am Sunday night too! I was hoping to get home Saturday...but oh well!
    I can't wait to see pictures from your vacation! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips