Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Block Island, Our home away from home

We had such a lovely time on Block Island, Rhode Island.  I had never been and wasn't sure what to expect, but I can tell you that I spent a good amount of time the first couple of days exclaiming at one beautiful sight or another!  For the first part of the week it was just Gretchen, our children and myself.  Ron and Bryce joined us on Thursday!
I don't have words to describe our little cottage by the sea- my best description is that it was exactly what I think the Weasley's home, the borough (in Harry Potter), would be like but without the magic to make it bigger.  It is an artists home and we discovered something new to look at every single day!  It had an amazing yard with wonderful views and a large screened porch where we ate every meal.  It was very charming indeed.








2 comments:

  1. This looks like a bit of heaven! I love that cute house...I always wanted to go to Block Island when we lived in CT as children, but never went sadly. It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable place! I can just feel the adventures you had there.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips