Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flowers

Yesterday, I attended a writing celebration in Harris' kindergarten class.  Here is the poem that Harris wrote:

Flowers
by Harris

Flowers sprout in 
the spring.
Flowers smell 
like honey.
Flowers are
My Mom's favorite thing!

I wonder where on earth he got the idea that flowers were my favorite thing?




Remember the herb garden I planted last year?  My how it has grown!

Grace brought these to me the other day just because.

P.S.  Funnily enough, I'm not a big fan of "florist flowers."  Bryce coming home with a dozen roses is not really my thing but I feel totally different about flowers from my own garden or a friends garden!


10 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful flowers! I never used to be a fan of flowers on a table... I used to think it was such a waste...now I looove them. I guess they kind of grow on you. I am jealous of your wonderful flower garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!! I love all your peonies, your garden looks beautiful. I do agree with you about garden flowers so much better than the florist ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these pics are so lush and splendid! Thanks for providing some visual relief over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I just say: Glorious!!! your garden photos are so clear, crisp and dewey! You have a superb green thumb! Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take such gorgeous photographs of flowers. Such amazing look. I feel as if I can touch and smell them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty flowers...great job on them. I'm always looking for new ideas on flowers...thanks for the peak at yours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning! I've never really tried to make tags before. Yours are absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. <a href="http://www.sleekmarriage.com/">matrimonials</a>August 17, 2011 at 4:19 AM

    Its very excellent blog thanks for sharing this nice blogmatrimonials

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its very excellent blog thanks for sharing for this nice blog matrimonials

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips