Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bird Topiary

We have added a feathered friend to the children's garden!  Several years ago I found instructions on how to make a bird topiary, and this year I finally got around to doing it with the children.

I bought a small boxwood at Lowes for $7.  We could have gotten a much bigger and much fuller one for $20, but I really didn't want to spend that much so I decided we would start small!

Following the instructions, we wrapped the head in copper wire and snipped and trimmed until we were happy with the body shape.

I think he turned out super cute and adds some personality to the garden!


P.S.  If anyone is interested in the exact instructions let me know and I will send them to you!

2 comments:

  1. All the planting you do is wonderful. I will check the internet and see what the water requirements are for Boxwood. We are settled for the night in Deer Lodge, MT and toured the original buildings on a ranch at the edge of town. It was marvelous! Check our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you have a children's garden..and I love that you help them create so many wonderful plants for it! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips