Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I hope that this post finds everyone happily rested and relaxed after a nice Mother's Day.  I awoke to breakfast in bed this morning and two lovely stories written just for me (perhaps I was a little too enthusiastic about Will and Kate because both stories involved them!).

my Mom and me

I want to wish the Mothers in my life a very happy day.  I don't believe that one day can do justice to what these women do every day.  My Mom who raised two daughters by herself (and did a fine job if I say so myself!), my Mother-in-Law who raised an excellant son that I'm lucky enough to have married, my sister who parents and works full-time and my sister-in-law who is in that delicious one year old stage.

Also, I'm truly blessed to have amazing and wonderful friends- here, in Atlanta and sprinkled throughout the South. I'm so fortunate to be on this journey with witty, loyal, smart and terrific Moms.  I feel like I've gotten to know many of you through comments and emails and for that I'm appreciative and glad you are a part of this little space.  Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you all.

P.S.  How great are these shoes that Bryce got me for Mother's Day?  Bows and sparkles?  I don't know that it gets better!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Your a fantastic mother! I love love love your shoes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day. Miss you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK so not sure why it came up as Jack...wierd. love you. Kacky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day, Anna. Your day looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a lovely day! LOVE the shoes? Great gift! Where did he get them???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nina! He got them at J Crew (he even used a coupon!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought so! I looked there and they are all sold out. Good for him. I'm impressed! They are darling....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the shout out! You are an amazing mother and I compare myself to you all the time!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips