Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Ballerina Cupcakes

 
To celebrate Grace's performance in the ballet, I made ballerina cupcakes.  I wanted the icing to be the tutu so I piled it up high using an icing tip that was ruffly.  The body was simply a skewer with a leotard shape glued on and a wooden head attached.  My Mom painted the hair, eyes and mouth.  I wasn't planning on attaching arms, but decided at the last minute that she needed arms to look complete so I glued on pipe cleaner arms.  Grace was very happy with her and even happier to eat that much icing!

P.S.  I found the leotard shape here.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the expression on her face :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness... sooo very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so super cute! What a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo adorable and darling! Almost too cute to eat... But that frosting looks to die for!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips