Monday, April 18, 2011

Taco Night

On Saturday, we had a gathering of friends at our house to celebrate Bryce and Kristin's birthdays.  It was really nice to have the house full of friends.
(Unfortunately, Gretchen and Barb aren't in the picture!)
I knew that I wanted to serve dinner but I also knew that it needed to be something that could feed a crowd and was casual enough to eat sitting on the sofa, table or around the kitchen island since my table wasn't big enough to fit everyone.  I decided a taco bar fit the bill!  I made chicken filling and lime skirt steak and offered hard or soft shells and lots of toppings.  Laying out craft paper on the peninsula served as a fun way to jazz things up a bit and let everyone know what was what.


I found that the bonus of having everything labeled was that when it came time for me to put out everything (I didn't put the food out until the party was underway) I didn't forget anything.

For dessert, I made a chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting.  Yum.  As a side note, my father-in-law made me the gorgeous wooden cake plate.  I'm a lucky girl.


3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great night. I love how you labelled the paper table cloth, very clever and looks cute too! I especially love your beautiful wooden cake stand, it is stunning. Happy Birthday to Bryce!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party! I also love how you labeled the paper table cloth.... and that cake stand is gorgeous! You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips