Friday, April 29, 2011

A Royal Wedding

I had no plans on getting up and watching the royal wedding.  But at 4:10 my eyes opened and I couldn't go back to sleep (this never happens to me, I love to sleep!).  So at 5:00 I called it a night, got comfy on the sofa and watched the wedding.  It was like watching a fairy tale and I loved every minute of it.  Her dress!  It reminded me of Grace Kelly's wedding dress.  My favorite shot of the whole wedding was when she peeked back over her shoulder when leaving the balcony.  I would want to get that last look too.




This morning Sonja hosted a fabulous royal wedding bash.  It was so much fun to go and watch the wedding with others.  She served all sorts of English goodies, including scones and tea.  It was optional to wear festive headwear.  I've decided that we should bring back wearing of hats and getting "dressed" for occasions.  Really, it's so much more fun that way!





I borrowed a hat from my Mom's good friend, Valerie.

If you watched the wedding, what did you think?

5 comments:

  1. How fun! I was up at 2am, it was all so beautiful and they look so happy. Great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really fun party! Butterbean woke us up and then we turned on PBS and saw the wedding. It was magical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some really fun friends! I would have loved to watch with friends, but thankful that I did not have to go further than the sofa for the event. Fun to watch history in the making. Loved seeing your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun! We don't have TV, so for us we looked at pictures on the computer, after the fact! I love this party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you'd have a FANTASTIC celebration going on for this royal wedding!!! I didn't even know it was going on that day until I saw the kiss on TV when I was at the gym. I remember watching Princess D get married when I was ten-- in the middle of the nigth?! Your party looked FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips