Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fool's Day


Yesterday, when I awoke I felt as if we had been April Fooled because it was snowing (last year for April Fool's day the children were wearing short sleeved shirts to school)!  Despite the gloomy weather we got some good laughs at a few food related April Fool's jokes!

For lunch the children each got a bag of chips, some fruit and a sandwich.  At least that is what they thought they were getting! I got the instructions for the "fruit" here and the chips here.



For dinner, we had pizza.  I loved this joke because the children were genuinely confused.  Our neighborhood pizzeria gave us an empty box so when Bryce came home from getting the pizza we just put this pizza tart on the table and served it up!  Doesn't it really look like a pizza?  After we finished eating the dessert pizza we ate the real pizza.  The children loved eating dessert first!

5 comments:

  1. love, love, LOVE it all! I will definitely be trying both the fruit & the chips pranks in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to make a dessert pizza for the kids...but mine would never have looked gourmet! You did a great job! LOVE IT!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got a text message at 1:30am while visiting friends in Montreal. This April fool was real, 6lb2oz.
    Pictures to come

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhh man... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall--- TOO MUCH FUN! I served breakfast in a dog dish with toast "bones" and doggie "food"! :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips