Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick's Day


Happy St. Patrick's Day!  We had a festive day that included leprechaun catching (unsuccessfully), wearing of green, munching on rainbow snacks and eating a green dinner!

Harris and Grace both decided last minute that they would build a leprechaun trap.  Harris was very disappointed that his alarm didn't sound and catch the sneaky little guy!  I was disappointed that they left muddy footprints in my windowsill- at least they left behind some gold nuggets.



Both children paid special attention to how they dressed for the day.  Graced wore a rainbow and Harris channeled a leprechaun.  It was all his own doing, I promise!  I chuckled almost every time I looked at him (those were his Willy Wonky pants from Halloween!).  



After school, the children had a rainbow snack and green milk.  I got the printable from here via Sherri.


For dinner, we had split pea soup (delicious) and brown soda bread (also delicious).  The bread recipe came from my friend Sonja so I felt very authentic!  


I would like to be able to share a treat with you that I had planned that I just knew was going to be so cute.  Unfortunately, we had a baking malfunction and will have to try again tomorrow even though the day will have passed- though I'm pretty sure that rainbows should be for every day!




5 comments:

  1. What a sensational day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Love the traps and outfits. Your table is always set beautifully! We had our rainbow day which worked out great because it is our Spring Break. Thanks for your help. I found a few books on Amazon... but not a chapter book. We ended up focusing on God's promises. Rainbows are a big hit! Loved seeing your post. Looks like you had a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patricks a day late. Yours was a fun one. I thoroughly enjoyed the day; attending a session with an Irish priest about St. Patrick, having a brownie w/green mint icing, green tea, and conversation with an Italian and Serbian afterwards, and dinner out in the evening with Al. Thanks for the great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your leprechaun's muddy footprints and gold nuggets... The children's leprechaun traps are absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super duper fun day! Your kids always look like they are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips