Monday, March 21, 2011

Sinks in the Yard

I'm so happy that spring is here (at least officially, it's still cold here!).  Winter doesn't bother me, I love having fires, snuggling up under quilts and drinking hot chocolate, but I'm looking forward to the renewal of all things green and lush!  Of course, that gets me thinking about our plans for our yard this year.

In looking through my idea binder for our yard I came across a theme...

Several years ago I tore out this picture from a magazine (I would like to give credit for the photo but I'm not sure what magazine it came out of- Country Living most likely.  Let me know if you know please!)


I had bookmarked this picture a year or two ago.


And I recently attended a flower show where I took a photograph of yet another sink!


I'm fairly sure that I'm going to have to make this happen this year.  Anyone have an old sink they would like to get rid of?

5 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your post. I have been working on our huge backyard for a few years now... I had an old sink saved for this same project, but in my waiting a workman tossed it. I didn't realize it was gone until it was too late. My husband couldn't understand why I wanted it. Yea! now I have pictures to show him! Thank you! Hopefully I will find another one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first one is my favorite. Love the looks of that tin (?) sink and everything surrounding it. Will it be a leaf catcher? Well worth planning for, and I hope a sink turns up for you. I'd like to contribute, but can't think of anything appropriate at the moment. You will have fun rounding up items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do. Will you have to move plumbing around to make it functional?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Queen of Good Intentions- I would be devastated! It really is the sort of thing you need a picture of to explain right?

    Marilyn- I really like the first one too! Maybe because it's styled so well!

    Leah- I was hoping to use our outdoor faucet and a hose? Or some contraption like that!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips