Thursday, March 24, 2011

Rainy Day Tea

Yesterday morning we woke up to a bit of snow.  Snow!  The snow then turned to rain and drizzle- all day long.  When I picked the children up from school this afternoon, Grace was a little down.  I think a little bit of it was the rain and a lot of it was that she was missing her Dad who has been out of town (not for long, but long enough for her!).


We decided that an indoor rainy day tea party/picnic was in order!  Using our tea book we came up with a few ideas and then got busy in the kitchen.

Rainy Day Menu
Cloud Cookies
Sunshiny Drizzle Cake
Mudcakes
Mudslides (hot cocoa)

Grace and Harris made the cloud cookies and mudcakes and I made the lemon pound cake, which was very easy and very tasty!  From start to finish the prep took about 30 to 40 minutes, but everything did require some cooking or chilling time.

At the last minute I decided that a rainy day tea party should include a rainbow.  Luckily, I had leftover Twizzlers from St. Patrick's Day!




I didn't get any pictures of the children and I enjoying our picnic except for this one of Harris.  I made a concerted effort to put the camera down and be present for our party!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea! We have had ran constantly for the last 10 days and no end in sight until maybe Sunday...I may have to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely ideas! Isn't it so hard to put the camera down sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing we need rain!!! We would celebrate to have rain, but please no snow! I can't get enough of rainbows lately! They are so cheerie! What a fun tea party. I wish we could have joined you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! I bought that book after you recommended it last time! I love picnics of all kinds...but lately we have been picnic absent! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips