Monday, March 7, 2011

A Project

I have a confession to make.  I have found the 52 week project to be harder than I expected.  It's a disappointment to me because I don't believe that finding time in a week to do something nice for others should be difficult, but somehow I've already missed two weeks! I'm trying to not let that derail me though from the rest of the year.


Several weeks ago we had the privilege to work with several of our friends to make over a room at a homeless shelter for families.  It was a wonderful project because the children (between us there were 11) were able to help in most aspects of the project from start to finish.  The project took a full day to complete but the difference it made was huge!  It was also a very forceful reminder of just how blessed we truly are.

The children made art to go on the walls.


We cleaned, spackled, sanded, painted and decorated.





These guys worked incredibly hard all day long.


The finished room.


Thanks to Cathy and Tucker for organizing and letting us be a part of such a wonderful day.

5 comments:

  1. You continue to inspire me. I keep hopping back to your blog to look at your ideas again. Don't be down on yourself about not being able to do more by any means. Wow! look what you are doing!! Plus posting what you are doing encourages more people to step up. I wish I knew where to find such great places for my family to help out at. Please share where/how you find out about the needs in your area. mom2ashlyn@netzero.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job they did! That is amazing. You should be so proud of yourselves. I need to make more of an effort to do things like this with our boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What cheerful workers! It must have been great to see such wonderful results from your efforts. That gift is one that will keep on giving too. God bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful project...start to finish! Don't be discouraged... I bet that there are many days that you and your family are helping others and brightening their days when you might not even realize it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an incredible experience! I really need to find projects like this for my kiddos! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips