Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Pot of Gold- Cookies and Milk


For a St. Patrick's Day treat I made rainbow cookies and attached them to a pot of gold!  The gold was actually milk tinted with a bit of yellow food coloring and the pot was a cauldron that had come filled with cold coins (that I used for the rainbow snack).  I got the idea for rainbow cookies hanging on a cup from the cookie shop- whose cookies sure did look a whole lot neater than mine.

In the interest of full disclosure I should mention that my first batch of cookies really were entirely too soft to use, and we had to ditch the treat for St. Patrick's day and instead enjoyed it the day after.  I cooked the rest of the cookies for longer and they turned out harder, though still not really sturdy.  I think next time I would stick with my regular sugar cookie dough recipe.

I think these little treats would look so cute lined up for a St. Patrick's day party!

4 comments:

  1. Presumably those rainbows tasted like sugar cookies? I think they look perfect just they way you did it with the pot of gold. The colors of the rainbow are very bright! Really nifty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea!
    I love the little pot of gold!
    Bummer the cookies did not turn out...when we made rainbow cookies...they were moist and absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no way! those are so cute and so simple. and gold milk! somehow I think my non-milk drinker would be on board with that. soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a cute idea! I love the little pot of gold! Bummer the cookies did not turn out...when we made rainbow cookies...they were moist and absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips