Thursday, February 24, 2011

Heart Marshmallows


Since I last posted about making homemade marshmallows I have learned two very important things that I thought you should know.


1. You can add food color to the mix and cut the marshmallow out with any shape that you want.  Naturally, we had to have pink hearts for Valentine's Day.

2.  I think this one is really important because really, who can eat an entire batch of marshmallows in one week?  They freeze!  I've tried it and it works beautifully!

How happy are they?

7 comments:

  1. Do you just freeze them in ziploc freezer bags?
    Those are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Nothing beat handmade marshies in heart shapes! I wish I had some talent in the kitchen... but I will enjoy your beautiful food posts, even if I can't do them! :):) xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I did freeze them in ziploc bags and they can go straight in the hot chocolate because they help cool it down. It doesn't take anytime to defrost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing. It looks so beautiful in hot chocolate:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you for stopping by my blog!! I love new visitors!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I came across your blog from a google search. I want to make homemade marshmellows for my wedding favors...but I didn't want to be baking 100 marshmallows the day before my wedding, lol!! I love the idea of freezing them, but had a question. If you freeze them and then just let them sit out and come back to room temperature (like sitting out at the reception) will they still hold their shape and everything or do they need to be used right away?

    Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips