Sunday, January 23, 2011

Volunteering

Volunteering has really been on my mind lately.  As we continue on with our 52 weeks of giving I want to put more effort into our volunteering for both the community and the world in which we live.  I've always found volunteering with the children a bit difficult- many places won't allow children to participate nor have I known where to begin!  I found this list a while ago (I can't remember which magazine) and I thought I would share it.  The organizations that are listed are family oriented and you don't necessarily have to take your children to a facility to do the volunteering.  If you know of a good organization that we should add to the list please share!


Carrie shared with me her amazing 52 week list and she had two great resources for giving to our soldiers.  They are: operationgratitude.com and operationshoebox.com.  Thanks Carrie!

7 comments:

  1. ohhhh this is SO SUPER! THANK YOU so much for sharing this info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great resource! We have actually donated to Heifer international in years past around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few on the list are new to me. A worthy goal. We recently obtained a local list of charities with phone numbers which has been helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for publishing this. Some wonderful charities on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for more great ideas! Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips